I did this post mainly to show off the adorable new apron and oven mitt that I picked up on sale at Anthropologie… but I gotta admit the pasta’s pretty darned tasty too. The best part is that you can just throw everything into a single pot and have something truly delicious emerge just 10 minutes later. Try it out and let me know what you think!
- 10 oz. linguini
- 2 handfuls of grape tomatoes
- 1/3 of a large vidalia onion, sliced
- 3-4 cloves of garlic thinly sliced
- fresh basil leaves, torn
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked red pepper flakes
- kosher salt, to taste
- 1 handful of grated parmesan cheese
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Place the pasta in a pot.
- Slice tomatoes in half and drop in the pot, along with your onions, garlic, basil, red pepper and kosher salt.
- Cover with 4 cups of water and bring to a boil
- Cook pasta until al dente, about 7 minutes or so. Be careful not to overcook, or you’re pasta will come out mushy.
- Drain pasta, and toss with parmesan cheese and a litle olive oil.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, and sprinkle with parmesan cheese and parsley before serving.
I’ve served this dish with some leftover meatballs for a hearty weeknight dinner, but next time I may try dropping in a few shrimp for a true one pot pasta meal.