While apple-picking and pumpkin spice lattes are nice, what really gets me excited about fall is the chance to break out all of my fabulous tights, chunky socks, and sleek leggings! When the lovely folks at No nonsense challenged me to a Style Remix featuring some of their new products, I gladly accepted. This fall, they’ve designed a curated collection featuring new fabrications and patterns, including Denim and Ponte Knit Leggings, Sweater Tights and Fashion Tights in bold prints. No nonsense products are easy to find at Nononsense.com as well as major food and drug stores.
Below are a few of my favorites and how I plan to wear them this fall.
First up is the Chunky Cable Knit Boot Sock…
I pulled all of my boots out of storage this past weekend, and I love how these chunky grey knee socks look paired with both of my cognac-colored boots. I like them peeking out just over the tops of my boots for casual Fridays at the office and pulled up over-the-knee for a fun and flirty weekend look. I give these two thumbs up for their versatility and the fact that they stay up without suffocating my legs!
And next we have the Plaid Tights…
I used to be really into novelty tights at the start of my blog back in 2010 (as evidenced here), but I’ve gotten away from that over the past couple of years in favor of more subdued colors and prints. With that being said, I’m always game to be a little adventurous. While I can’t say that I’ll be rocking my jester tights again any time soon, I like how these plaid tights are playful without being too over-the-top. For me, the key to making these work will be pairing them with a more subdued color palette and simple silhouettes to maintain a polished and sophisticated look. I also appreciate that these tights didn’t get all wonky and twisted as some patterned tights tend to do on us curvy gals!
On to the Super Opaque Tights…
Now we’re really in my element! I probably have enough black opaque tights to clothe an entire girls’ private school for a whole semester (I’m only slightly exaggerating), so it’s nice to switch things up a bit with charcoal grey tights. The color is versatile enough to wear with pretty much everything, and the tights themselves seem very durable yet soft to the touch. I also have long legs, so I was pretty ecstatic that these fit true-to-size and came up high enough on my waist to be comfortable and stay in place.
And finally we have… Cotton Skeggings?!
Yes folks – it’s a skirt AND a legging! Not gonna lie, I gave these the side-eye immediately upon pulling them out of the package. But I actually turned out to be pleasantly surprised. I’ll most likely use these for working out, especially when I want a little more coverage in the gym. They also work really well when you need to add extra length to a top that’s a wee bit too short to wear on its own with leggings.
And there you have it – my fall legwear remix! Which look is your favorite? Also, I’m dying to know… would you wear skeggings?!
Leave a comment below with your answer and you could win a $100 No nonsense gift card! You can also enter by visiting No nonsense on Pinterest, checking out more Style Remixes and re-pinning a look you love, see below for full sweepstakes rules.
No duplicate comments.
You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
- Leave a comment in response to the Promotion prompt on this post.*
- Tweet (public message) about this Promotion, including a disclosure that your tweet is a sweepstakes entry (e.g., using a hashtag such as #SweepstakesEntry or #SweepsEntry); and leave the URL to that Tweet in a comment on this post.*
- Re-pin (publicly) a pin from the client’s Pinterest page here: URL including exactly the following unique term in your pin’s description: “#nononsensestyleremix” and a disclosure that your pin is a sweepstakes entry (e.g., “I am entering the #nononsensestyleremix sweepstakes” or using a hashtag such as #SweepstakesEntry or #SweepsEntry); and leave the URL to that Re-pin in a comment on this post.
- Purchase a pair of No nonsense Leggings at www.nononsense.com and create your own Style Remix. Share a link to the public image in the comment section on this post.
- Blog about this Promotion (including a disclosure that you have received a sweepstakes entry in exchange for blogging about this Promotion), and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post.*
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older. Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. The notification email will come directly from BlogHer via the sweeps@blogher email address. You will have 72 hours to respond; otherwise a new winner will be selected.
This sweepstakes runs from 10/8/14 – 10/27/14.
Be sure to visit the No nonsense brand page on BlogHer.com where you can read other bloggers’ posts!