This week’s Modly Chic’s Friend Friday topic is on Self-Promotion.
A fellow blogger, Eva of Dressful, recently posted an article entitled, ‘Fashion blogs and self-promotion: How much is too much?’ It’s a quick read, and I definitely recommend checking it out. I haven’t experienced this personally, but a lot of bloggers participating in the 30 for 30 Challenge have reported a significant increase in traffic, but the average time readers spend on their sites has dropped significantly, and the comments have gone from thoughtful words to short, spammy, irrelevant remarks.
Check out my short video where I tackle the following questions:
- How do you promote your blog?
- In your experience what has been the most effective form of self promotion?
- Do you think there is a wrong way to promote yourself and your blog?
- When is comes to others pushing their product what annoys you?
- “It’s impossible to respect someone who wants all the attention, but adds nothing worthwhile to the conversation.” Do you agree?